Why is advertising on social media important?
Social media is booming and it continues to evolve. It’s impossible to imagine our daily life without it. If we only take a look at Facebook, with monthly 2 billion users, we see that everyone is online and the presence is very big. In addition, other social media channels such as Snapchat, Instagram, Youtube and LinkedIn continue to grow. An average person spends almost 2 hours a day on social media. This is about five years and four months over a lifetime. The traditional media are increasingly being replaced by digital and social media, which has changed the advertising market. According to figures from the Wall Street Journal, around 90 billion dollars were spent on ads in newspapers 10 years ago. This has fallen to about 52 billion last year. This doesn’t mean that there is less budget for advertising, but that it’s published in a different place, namely digital.
The advantages of advertising on social media?
- Advanced target audience optionsHow do you ensure that your message arrives at the right target group? By means of target group selection you can decide which specific group your advertisement should be shown to. You can start by targeting the people who fit your company. For this, it’s of course important to know who your target group is.
- Ad scheduling and budgetsAnother advantage of advertising via social media is that you can determine the planning and the budget yourself. Beforehand you get an estimate of how many people are reached with this budget and the results that can possibly be achieved.
- Measuring and direct resultsThe main advantage is that you can immediately measure the result of your social media campaign. You can immediately see how well your ads are performing. Reading and interpreting is important to know what works or doesn’t work. But what is the best way to measure your social media channels?
How do you measure social media results?
- Determine your goals (do you want to increase brand awareness, generate more sales or more traffic to the website?). Consider how you can make them measurable using KPIs (Key Performance Indicators). Examples of KPIs are: new followers, the number of reactions or clicks.
- Use tools. Most social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) offer their own functions to map performance. In addition, Google Analytics gives a good insight of performance on your own website.
- Convert insights into actions. Which messages on social media perform best? Which web pages on social media are most visited? Which target group responds best to your social media posts? It’s important to test what works and what doesn’t work for your company, and then you adjust the structure and content accordingly. This will show you that the ROI is rising.
Do you want to take the step to advertise via social media? Madzuli Agency is happy to help you! Contact us for more information.